The house at 1512 E. Kalamazoo was built in 1916 for Morris Sherwood and his wife Maude. In 1924, Charles Margeson and his wife Emma moved into the home. They purchased the house for $7000. The Margesons had two children, Mary and Richard, as well as a roomer, Thora Anderson.
Carl Shaw and his wife Bessie took over the house in 1937, but vacated it in 1941. In 1945, Maynard and Illah Ryan moved in. Maynard was a warehouseman for Farm Bureau Services. The next year, 1946, Arthur Fish, and his wife Beth purchased the house. Arthur was an agent at State Farm Insurance, and later became a welder for Fisher Body. In 1960, the house was split into two apartments, with the upper floor, 1512 1/2, listed as vacant. In 1961, Beth was widowed and lived in the house with a student boarder for the next three years.
David Firestone, a manager at Western Southern Life insurance and his wife Nancy moved into the house in 1964. In 1970, Charles Ulrich, a bench assembler at Olds, lived there. Later, in 1973, Dennis Payne and his wife Carole purchased the house as their first home. Through the late 1970’s and into the 1980’s and 1990’s, 1512 became a common place for students to live.